Today was an experience! Mom and dad took me to the Basilica of St. Lawrence, where we go to mass on Sunday, and told me I was going to get baptised today. Mom explained it all to me and she told me that I was going to have holy water put on my head. I wasn't excited about the idea, but I was up for it. WELL...first mom puts in this dress, which was REALLY pretty (my Uncle Tony and Abuelita bought it for me), and then we go up to the front of the church and the priest is talking for awhile. Well it all sounded like stories to me so naturally I started dozing off and right when I fall asleep mom moves me around in her arms and the next thing I know, Fr. Thomas is pouring cold water right on my face. It was not as pleasent as mom had described. I let everyone know that I was not happy. After I calmed down though and the service was over we took some pictures and I fell right to sleep. Ah...the life of a baby.
Sunday, November 13, 2005
My Baptism
Today was an experience! Mom and dad took me to the Basilica of St. Lawrence, where we go to mass on Sunday, and told me I was going to get baptised today. Mom explained it all to me and she told me that I was going to have holy water put on my head. I wasn't excited about the idea, but I was up for it. WELL...first mom puts in this dress, which was REALLY pretty (my Uncle Tony and Abuelita bought it for me), and then we go up to the front of the church and the priest is talking for awhile. Well it all sounded like stories to me so naturally I started dozing off and right when I fall asleep mom moves me around in her arms and the next thing I know, Fr. Thomas is pouring cold water right on my face. It was not as pleasent as mom had described. I let everyone know that I was not happy. After I calmed down though and the service was over we took some pictures and I fell right to sleep. Ah...the life of a baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Isabella,
Well, God made you his own on your baptism day. And it appears you were a very good girl. You are also a great story teller.
God Bless You.
Love, Aunt Elaine
Post a Comment